US to impose tariffs on EU aircraft and agricultural products
According to Kayla Tausche and Jacob Pramuk of CNBC:
The U.S. will impose tariffs on European Union goods after a victory at the World Trade Organization, according to senior officials from the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative.
The USTR released a list Wednesday of products it plans to target, intensifying the Trump administration’s global trade battles. The duties would take effect Oct. 18. The duties include:
- 10% tariffs on aircraft from France, Germany, Spain or the United Kingdom
- 25% duties on single-malt Irish and Scotch whiskies, various garments and blankets from the U.K.
- 25% tariffs on coffee and certain tools and machinery from Germany
- 25% duties on various cheeses, olive oil and frozen meat from Germany, Spain and the U.K.
- 25% tariffs on certain pork products, butter and yogurt from multiple countries
Tariff Product List by CNBC.com on Scribd